Old July 18th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Linda F

Default Nordic Needle?

Elegant Stitch in Modest CA is really fast also!

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
LizardGumbo wrote:
Brenda Lewis wrote:

I often receive orders in 3-4 days (NE Ohio--it was even faster when I
lived in central Iowa) if the items are in stock. They are very good
about communicating with customers if an item is backordered and give
reliable estimates for the delivery of those items. If you are
deparately in need of something, call and ask if it is in stock before
placing your order. The only problems I've had are they don't send out
a catalog with gift certificates and gift certificates cannot be
redeemed online.

I've really not found that to be the case. I ordered something I needed
for a deadline (because I'd heard wonderful things about them) and not
only did they not have it, they couldn't get it, and they didn't bother
to tell me about it until I called 4 weeks later.

I, too, have had very slow service from Nordic Needle. If I need
something odd or very quickly, I call Denise at Threadneedle Street in
Washington state. She's really great and very fast.

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich