Old September 21st 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
ted frater

Default Really Big chunks of agate

C Ryman wrote:
mmmm, decorate your yard, make a really heavy coffee table, whack it into
smaller pieces and sell them..

I live in a stone quarrying area and we have some big diamond saws not
far from me.
If I had what you say you have you could be sitting on some thing
quite valuable
you wont know till its been sliced up into 2in thick slabs.
So to maximiseyour gain you need to find a monumental mason or stone
slicer within economic distance from you, slice it up and have one side
polished. then you willl have some fabulous coffee table tops worth a lot.
If you can put it on a pallett and get UPS to deliver it to me ill
organise it all for you and we go half in any costs and profits.
I can see it on nice solid stainless steel wrought frames.
Mind you it could be quite useless once you look inside it.
By the way im in the UK.