Old April 19th 05, 09:57 PM
Kandice Seeber

Good Goddess, Kalera - the floral focals and the little vessels are killing
me!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

How many times can I squeeze a football reference into my weekly
announcements? When will I tire of this terrible joke? Hmmm... it is a
mystery!

Despite being completely freaking out at the prospect of teaching my
first class, I managed to get a lot of beads made last week... Breezy
says that I overwork myself when I'm stressed, which makes sense in a
backward sort of way. I did have a tremendous amount of fun testing my
new student torches, which are Carlisle Minis, and discovering that they
handle dichroic beautifuly for some mysterious reason... and that
discovery prompted me to make a pile of floral focals, because nothing
screams "FLORAL!" to me like dichro! I also went a little nuts with the
seashell technique that Dawn taught me, although I didn't break out the
boro all week and she's right, it *would* look fantastic in boro. I'm
still caught in the throes of infatuation with Luster frits, and they
look tooo cool on seashells:

http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2895
http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2933

http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=442

I also got a new load of frits from Olympic Color Rods, and some of them
are to DIE for, so I played with those a lot and also revisited some of
my favorite styles, like Bright Creek and Nebulae, as well as making
some teeny bracelet-sized luster seashell sets and my favorite this
week, a glowy deep-red set with metallic raised scrolls:

http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2884
http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2928

Sets:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=31

Pairs:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=728

I also put up some dichro cab sets:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=143

Breezy has been doing some AWESOME work with retro colors and quirky
designs:

http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2880

Breezybeads:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=737