Old August 8th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Default New QI!!! and dog toys

Charlotte Hippen wrote:
Any one know of any links to internet patterns for
dog/pet toys? Anyone have toys that they make their K9 QI's that you could
type up some brief instructions and/or a description? Thanks bunches from
me and my soon to be QI!!!

I don't know of links, but after wandering through a craft fair over the
weekend, I saw an awful lot of tug/chews made of polar fleece. They took
1-inch wide strips, braided them, and double knotted the ends. Ta-da,
toy. Length went from 6 inches finished (I'd guess a foot before
braiding and knotting) to 3 feet long. There were 4 and 6-stranded
braids for larger dogs, but I think the smaller sizes would be better
for your pup. Felt and fleece toys tend to wear very well for chewing.

-georg