Old April 10th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Default passap machine edge pins

HI, just read your message and wanted to let you know from my
experience I find that moving the edge pins helps keep the stitches on
the needles. the passap is a great machine but it does tend to drop
stitches. Moving the edge pins is not that hard to remember as long as
you move them as soon as you move the stitches.
you didn't mention if you had a 2 or 4 color changer.
When you are using a few colors the edge pins also keep the colors from
bunching on the right hand side of the lock.

hope this helps
margaret dryden wrote:
I have been given a duo 80 machine and I am learning to use it. Can you
tell me if the edge pins on the outside needles always have to be in use,
because when I increase of decrease I do not always remember to move them
and I wondered if this would damage the machine or make the knitting wrong.
grateful for any help.
Marg