Old December 13th 03, 01:32 PM
Yarn Forward

B Vaughan wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:25:10 -0500, Yarn Forward
wrote:

Thanks to the Internet, you can buy yarn from anywhere in the world and have it
shipped anywhere in the world.

I've been afraid to order yarn (or other things) from the US since I
heard of the outrageous customs and shipping fees that were being
added to packages mailed from the US (apart from what the sender
paid). Twice people here in Italy that I know received packages with
fees attached that were more than the value of the articles inside.
They had to pay these fees or refuse delivery of the articles.
(snip)

For the record, we are a Canadian company. I agree that some countries do add a
lot of fees when you order from overseas. We solved this problem in the UK. We
have a deal with our shipper. All our UK prices on our UK website include all
duty, taxes, and fees. Our shipper pays them all and bills us back, and we pay
them. If the demand is there, we could include all the EU in this scheme, but
the problem right now is that each EU country still seems to have different
rates of VAT even if the duties are harmonized, and this makes life very
complicated for us.

How about a quick survey. Are many of RCTY readers in the EU, and do you buy
yarn on line?

Roger.

--
Yarn Forward