Old May 22nd 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Wine coolers

This is only a guess but 'no'. You need something that is going to absorb
water. It is the evaporation of the water that cools the 'cooler'. I have
only seen low fired terracotta wine coolers. I could be entirely wrong -
JMO. Donna

"Red Deer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,
I've been invited to sell my pots at a wine festival in June. I make
stoneware pots but I wanted to make some wine cooler pots for this
event and I was wondering if stoneware will work as a wine cooler.
All my glazes are cone 6. If I just bisque them, will that work? I
want to at least put some glaze on maybe the bottom third of the pot.
Do I need to make the little saucer for it to sit on? Does anyone
know if stoneware wine coolers work if they are fired to cone 6?
Thanks,
Sandi