Old October 12th 05, 04:41 PM
Julia in MN

Sandy Foster wrote:
All of that was good training for me, but I no longer make garments of
any sort. Gone are the days of making all of my two DDs' clothes and
underwear, as well as tailored suits and dresses for me to wear to work.

I'm pretty good at figuring out how to do something by reading about it,
so I'm pretty much self-taught at sewing, though my mom did a lot of
sewing when her kids were small. I sewed a lot for my kids and myself
when they were small, but no longer do much garment sewing. I do still
make my own swim suits for water aerobics. The chemicals in the pool are
hard on them, and I can make one with about 5/8 yard of fabric and an
hour or two with the serger, so it is a real money saver.

Yay! When DD asked me the other day if I could repair the fly zipper on
DGS's school pants, I recommended the dry cleaner's repair service. LOL!
I'll take quilting any day! VBG

Same here. When my son wanted the zipper replaced in his winter jacket,
I hired someone to do it and gave him the repaired jacket for his
birthday. He thought that was a great gift! LOL!

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/