Old June 9th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Other newbie questions :)

Twinsmom wrote:
According to the owner at my LNS, if you are using the blending
filament alone, i.e., 2 strands of it without any other threads, then
yes, you can substitute a fine Kreinik braid. I only wish I had known
of it before starting on this MarBek angel for my daughter. Takes
longer to thread the needle with 2 strands of filament than it does to
stitch the section! If I wasn't more than halfway through the filament
part, I would have frogged and redone it in the braid. I don't use the
DMC metallics, so I can't help with that.

Sounds good to me. I'll be giving it a try.

Tracey