Old February 26th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Default Results of those Long, Cold February Days.

John wrote:
snip
You are probably right. They do seem sort of
"costumeish", when
compared to a traditional Scottish Kilt. I just was
referring to my
own heritage of Irish lineage. I don't have any Scott In
me, although,
I did have some Scotch in me from time to time. But that
was many
years ago, in a land far, far away, called California,
but not for the
last 30 years. I know nothing about Scottish things, so my
observations are rather unfocused. I am rather glad that
my erstwhile
younger relatives are not all over me to make any of
those things, but
I suppose I would do one or two just to say I had done it.

I wouldn't, even for my beloved granddaughter. Nope,
huh-uh, not in this lifetime.

And those garish costumes have little to do with true Irish
national costumes:
https://www.reconstructinghistory.co...0&e=&a=215&w=7

--
Beverly