Old October 15th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Default quilt spotting

Hey! Where in Eastern Iowa were you? You weren't far from Kathyl or me
(or maybe even Mary in Rock Island)!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 10/15/2011 4:18 PM, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

Traveling thru' eastern Iowa this week, we came across some of this:
http://www.barnquiltsiowa.com/

Poor Gene, driving along minding his own business when I yelped, "QUILT!
On that barn, there's a quilt: LOOOOOOOOK!" Of course he pulled over& took
pictures. ;-P Spotted 3 in a matter of 5 minutes: awesome!

Could even see them thru' the Rear Window, Polly.g

Ragmop/Sandy - quilt spotter from waaaaaay back ;-P

On 10/8/11 10:12 PM, in article , "Polly
wrote:

I don't guess I can remember the names of even two movies; maybe the Bridge
Over the River Kwaii and The Wizard of Oz . . . but that's about it. I
don't even know the name of my favorite movie but it's the one with Jimmy
Stewart and Grace Kelly where they investigate a murder from his window
while he's confined because of a broken leg. Love that movie.
So. I can't play in the quilt spotting with names but I do carefully
watch to see if a quilt appears and what its block pattern might be. Polly

wrote in message
the movie My Favorite Wife with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne

wrote in message
Good morning everyone!

My day already started 3 hours ago (and it's Saturday!!).

While waiting for the rest of the family to wake up, I'm playing
around on the computer. And I've had it with facebook games so I
thought of something else: how many of us can name tv series or movies
in which quilts are featured; they don't necessarily have to be the
theme or even mentioned at all; just that there are quilts visible.

Here's some I've come up with

Army Wives (tv series)
How to Make an American Quilt (movie)
Sally Hemings: An American Scandal (movie)

Come on, show me yours!

Claudia