Old February 11th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_3_]

Default A Sewing Machine For The Workshop

"Jordan" wrote in message
u...
Anon wrote:

Go to a supplier and get the right motor around 750 rpm max for the 111
and 650 for the 132. We ran a 132 on a CNC stitching machine at around
1000 but the setup had to be perfect. It was never that happy.

etc

Good useful info Macka - thanks.
For really fine leatherwork, I've seen amazing work done on machines with
roller feet and feed.

Jordan

I got a nice Singer 111W155 walking foot model with stand and all for $250
at a yard sale about a year ago. Going to use it soon for canvas awning
work. They work good on leather, too.

Steve