Old August 23rd 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

Default Wearing Jewelry

Hi Barb......looks like we are basically in the same boat on all counts.
But join in and ask questions and so on.....perhaps we will be able to get
some activity in this group again.

I found that the LBS was rather expensive, but he did give me 30% off.
However, I think he marked it up 50% at least. Artistic wire was $19 for a
spool. It was $7 at BeadFX I discovered. You can be sure that I let him
know what I thought of that!! He got rather flustered.

Best.....Heather, in Toronto, Ontario.
PS.....if that is your real address, you will now get a gazillion spam
emails at comcast. But I figure they must be pretty good at weeding them
out. NEVER use your real address on news groups....change it to something
like lid

"Barbara62" wrote in message
Hello, I am new on this posting. Just wanted to comment on not
knowing other
beaders. My town is very small and located, in Delaware. I don't
know any other
beaders here. The nearest MIchael's is 26 miles away. I order online
most of the
time.
Also, I wear little jewelry. Mostly, because I am allergic to nickel
and don't have piereced ears. Most earring backs seem to contain
nickel.
I did get to go to the Bead & Button Show for the last three years.
It was wonderful to
be around so many beaders. It has definitely helped to encourage me
and to try new things. There was a bead shop here but it closed up.
It was not very good and the
beads were expensive.