Old September 10th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Question about the Janome 6600

Mine isn't the 6600, Carissa, so I won't comment on that question (mine
is the 6500 and I love it!).
However, I do suggest you keep your existing machine, for taking to
classes or workshops if need be (these big Janomes are *heavy*) and also
for the free arm feature. I traded my previous machine in for the 6500,
without considering the need for that; and, in the end, I had to buy an
inexpensive machine to give me back-up, portability and a free arm
feature.
..
In message hbdFi.32054$Pd4.537@edtnps82, Carissa
writes
Hello,

I am sooo very close to buying this machine. I really really really want it
lol. But Before I spend all those $$ I want to hear from some owners? Do
you love it? Why? If not why? Also, I on the rarest of occasions, make
clothes for my daughter (she is the only one still young enough to
appreciate hand made clothes... or maybe its just that I am not very good
lol) Anyhow, the sale people all rave about how wonderful it is for
quilting as well as other sewing, but it doesnt seem to have the part that
detaches for sleeves. Does it? Will I miss it if it doesnt? I do make
boxers for my three boys and find that a useful function on my basic
machine. I could keep my basic machine for that feature,( a detachable free
arm I think it is called) but the shop is willing to take it in trade so....
What should I do? Follow my impulsive needs or???? help me please
Thank you

Carissa

--
Best Regards