Old January 14th 04, 08:47 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/14/04 3:19 PM, in article ,
"Karen C - California" wrote:

BushBaby is now talking about sending humans to Mars. (Hmmmm, NASA
headquarters is in Texas, he's from Texas...)

And if were __________( pick your favorite Democrat) making the suggestion.
LOL

Depending on the speed they're able to achieve, the trip could take 1-3 years
each way. How many of you would volunteer as astronauts if it meant 6 years
of
uninterrupted stitching time?

Hell - I've wanted to go for years - Mars, the moon, a few orbits - I wanted
in the worst way to be an astronaut! But then, all they wanted were pilots!
and you needed 20-20 vision with out corrections and a Y chromosome.

And what projects would you take with you to fill 6 years of stitching time?

Flower Power, the rest of the d**n tractors, that huge Conrad blackwork
piece Medieval Majesty and In My Ladies Garden. And a few fun little ones
too, like the Little Leaf Designs! Some times you just need a sense of
accomplishment.

I'd take my bag full of MLIs. (Remembering that I can't just send out for
more
floss, I'd better make a quick S.E.X.cursion before I leave. At astronaut
salary, I can afford extras.)

Don't be too sure of that! starting pay isn't that great and it is not a
cheap place to live.
(BTW, for an interesting read, read The Right Stuff. According to an
acquaintance who was accepted to the program, it was quite accurate.)

Cheryl