Old January 21st 04, 05:02 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

Yeah, the spandex can't take much heat, so try using a little steam (the
lowest temp that your iron will do steam) or spraying the shirts with just a
little water before ironing. My daughter has a shirt like that, I put it on
a hanger to dry and it doesn't take long to iron.

wrote in message
.net...
Hi,

I have just received new uniform shirts that I must keep pressed. They
are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. I have heard that you shouldn't use
starch on this fabric. Would sizing be ok? The care label says to use a
warm iron if needed- but that isn't getting the wrinkles out.

Any suggestions appreciated- I need to look presentable

Thanks,

Julie
Richmond, VA