Old September 17th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default Swaps

mini Mini wrote:
"maryd" mardor@*net wrote in :

The BOM is not a swap. The patterns are offered for us to make for
ourselves. Now and then swaps are offered here on RCTQ or sometimes
they are offered privately.

It does seem like there are less swaps around here. I wonder where they all
went?

The 'Europeon' block swap is drawing to a close, and it has been fun. I
was a little nervous to start with, but that soon fell away. I will miss
the plop of someone else's fabric dropping through the letter box, and
deciding what sort of block to make with it, and which of my stash to
choose. It really is good to be stretched by using someone else's choice
of focus fabric.

When it was time for the blocks people had made with my fabric to come
back it really was exciting - such lovely blocks, and of course everyone
chooses different fabrics to tone in with the focus one, and uses the
focus in completely different ways. Now I just have to make one or two
more blocks for my quilt (I only have 10 and need 12) and then put it
together.

We had a little Yahoo Group so we could chat about what we were doing,
and post pictures. So now I have 9 new friends.

Just one more block to make when the fabric arrives, and the Swap will
be over. I'll miss it.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)