Old February 11th 05, 04:36 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Susan Laity Price wrote:

Has anyone tried the new Bernina with the stitch regulator? It is
suppose to be the same type of thing that is on the long arm machines.
When you are doing free motion quilting the machine stitches the same
length stitch regardless of the speed you are quilting. Does it really
work?

When I get home from vacation I thought I would take a basted baby
quilt to the store selling the new Bernina's and give it a test drive.
Has anyone done that yet?

Susan

I gave it a try at the LQS about a week ago and promptly fell in love.
G I think it's the same as the thing on the long-arms, but I'm not
positive. The stitches really are the same length regardless of speed,
though there can be the odd one here or there that is slightly off --
not as many as are off when I do it without the BSR (stitch regulator),
though. I'm still thinking about whether I want to hock my future to buy
this machine -- there are some advantages of getting something that
uses the new-style feet, but I have a lot of the older ones. Decisions,
decisions....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1