Old September 20th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Default Do you keep a bead inventory?

After determining that I had more beads that I thought I did, I went to
Dollar Tree and bought lots of plastic shoeboxes with lids. I spent several
days seperating tubes of seed beads by color, findings, thread & needles,
glass beads, metal beads, crystals, lampwork and UFPs. Everything is now
neatly labeled and stored on a six foot, five-shelf stand.

I'm not OCD about putting things back immediately after use, but they do
find their way back into the proper container eventually. Makes finding that
certain shade of purple or those butterfly spacers a lot easier.

Linda2

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Since I inventory everything else craft related, I am surprised I never
thought to do it with my beads. (ok the Mill Hill packs that I've bought
for
projects are listed with my specialty items)

It would be fun to know how other people store and inventory things.

Cheryl

On 9/20/09 6:04 AM, in article ,
"Shirley Shone" wrote:

Now with hind sight I wished I had.
I have just been rummaging behind my beading desk to see if I could find
the wire knitter that I have.

I pulled out a box and in are 31 vintage crystal necklaces with a total
of 48 strands. These were antique fair finds. I got to be known as the
lady who was always looking for crystal beads. Stall holders would keep
them for me and I felt compelled to buy. I hated to disappoint them by
refusing. The prices were always good, only a few pounds each. I have
not been to an antique fair now for about 2 years,

In the first instance I started to collect them because I wanted to make
a beaded lampshade. Never did make one apart from putting a beaded
fringe round a plain cream lampshade.

All the other beads I have are in drawers and boxes. I did at one time
have drawers labelled with colours, crystals, delica's and so forth.
Alas though some drawers got too full and other beads were pushed in. It
is a mega search for some of the beads.

How I wished I had kept a record of where and when and how much the
beads cost when I got them. Also where I put them.
Memories plays tricks as one gets older.

There still a lot of beads that were in my BFNR still in the drawers. In
another box are the beads that I bought in Amsterdam when I met Bart
there. He took DH and I to shops that we would never have found If we
had been on our own.
Still think of you Bart if you are reading this.

Hope everyone is okay
Hugs
Shirley