Old February 23rd 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default project report.

I have been baking caps and scarves for the Mission in Rockford,
Illinois. I should take Noreen's advice and keep a journal of what I
make. I made many.

I made 6 prayer shawls for the anniversary of the shooting at Northern
Illinois University last year at Valentine's day. I enjoyed making
them. I made several different patterns, knit and crochet. They gave
them the family members of students that were shot. I think around 200
were made.

I am making blankets for my first great nephew. They will be crocheted.

I am going to do more knitting in color this year. The last item was a
small red and black checker board patter for my sister. I purposely did
the squares 5 by 5 to make it easier to care the yarn. I a standard
raglan sleeve pattern and figured out the checker board pattern on my
own using graph paper. Again I wish I would have kept a journal.

My niece has asked for another aran sweater.
http://www.knitting-crochet.com/aranswekni.html

I did the pattern above, I posted a pic but forgot where I had it. If
any one remembers please remind me.

I noticed that JoAnn's has a decent sock yarn at a decent price. They
just started carrying it. A sock yarn we can afford. I also like to
use the striping fingering weight yarn for sock. It wears and can be
machine washed and is comfortable to wear.

All I have unfinished are the two red baby blankets.

What are you working on or have unfinished?

On Gail she is on a ventilator and and at the Alden Park Strathmoor in
Rockford Illinois. She is in good spirits but the ALS or "Lou Gehrig's
Disease" is taking a toll on her respiratory system. Any extra good
thoughts are appreciated.

Hugs and God bless,
Dennis