Old August 23rd 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Hey, I really like that color. Not that I would wear it (unless I had the perfect outfit) - but I
don't mind working with it.

I made a bracelet with some of those colors: http://members.cox.net/silveredleaf/BRC-00030.JPG

The photo is kinda washed out cause I couldn't get the lighting right, but you get the idea. The
stone that I used in the bracelet is called many names, but the one that stands out in my mind is
Tera Aqua Jasper. Its the blending of the Khaki green with the cooler aqua colored green that
reminds me of earth & water.

But, I think Heather is right - the color of your goddess is not what I consider sage green. It is
still a nice color though, and if you have just the right outfit, any jewelry you made with it could
look great.

Sterling

"Dwyn" wrote in message
On Aug 21, 10:19 pm, "Heather" wrote:
Hmmm, if I called it "sage green" would you like it better?? I happen to
LOVE sage green and am trying to imagine whether khaki is different. Is it?
Just a thought.

Cheers...Heather

Mebbe.

If I had been more aggressive with the reduction (for the bronzey
highlights) or just plain expecting this colour - I might be liking it
better. I also am really unhappy with the hands - that doesn't help.
If I thought of her as the "Sage Goddess" - it would probably be ok -
but instead - I think of her as "the Green Army Guys Goddess."

To put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, I offer these pictures
as proof of my point. http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...=entertainment
Goddess beads in green - not so much. :-P