Old July 16th 03, 06:12 AM
Cheri2Star

Karlee,
It's obvious that your mom has never been in your situation or she would be
more sensitive to it. No - stick to your guns about the delivery room. She
has no right to impose her wants, she has to remember that she is NOT the
center of attention here! However, as a grandmother, I do understand her
desire to see the baby as soon as possible and to hold it. I think you should
relent on this after she promises to only stay one hour and not bring anyone
else with her. No one else needs to be there, but the grandmother does have
some rights here. IMHO, of course.
As for your other question - again, it's none of her business. Just
answer her by saying, I'm following the advice of my doctor. That's it. end
of story.
And here's a tip for you. Ask her to help you in some way. Make her feel
important, either by baby sitting with your older child, or helping you clean
while you are in the hospital or doing some cooking for you - whatever would
work best for you. My feeling is that if you make her part of the process, you
will both feel better about the whole thing.
I hope it works out exactly the way you want it. Can't wait to see baby
pictures!
Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)