Old November 14th 11, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

On cabinet machines I look to see if the cabinet is set up to take the
foot pedal as a knee lever.
It might take a little getting used to, but you never have a problem with
knee levers scooting on the floor!

If it is a portable, try a rubber bathtub mat. One of the sort of ugly
textured finish ones with the pokeys on the back.
Rubber feet on the bottoms of my pedals solved my problems on hardwood
floors, but one of my machines tends to try and scoot across the table.
An ugly bathmat solved that problem, I don't see why it would not work on
a pedal that is trying to escape.

NightMist

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:31:05 -0500, KT in Mich wrote:

The blankety-blank foot pedal that just will NOT stay where I put it on
the floor. Have tried everything short of nailing or glueing it. I have
both carpeting and one of those desk floor mats under the table. If I
use that drawer-liner stuff, it puckers/gathers/bunches all up. If I use
one of those long thingy-dingy-special mats that go under the foot, it
either slips on the plastic mat or creeps on the carpet. Am now looking
for a very, very heavy brick to put at the back of it so it can't go
further than my foot can reach. Do you have a solution??????

KT. in MI

On 11/12/2011 5:12 PM, Sunny wrote:
ripping out zig-zag or blanket stitches made by my sewing machine in
the course of applique.

Now, what's your favorite task to hate?

Sunny
Yes, miles and miles of it.

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?