Old June 23rd 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default So - what are you stitching

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

I finished an OLD WIP -- a waste canvas design on a sweatshirt. A
cat, of course. I just got tired of looking at it taking up space and
decided I would drop everything and do that. It is an Imaginating
design and is very cute. I pulled a bunch of the wc threads because I
was bored and have just now washed the sweatshirt. I've left some of
the wc in so that I can take the piece to my Needlework Group in a few
days and show them how to remove the wc. Photos to follow once I get
the whole thing done.
I also finished the Tooth Fairy pillow for the SMDGD. She's lost 2
teeth so it's about time I get that ready for her!! It's a Sweetheart
Tree design and very cute and easy to work up. I added a bunch of
blending filament (039? the opalescent one) to the wings and changed the
color of the beads. I also used some of the fiber that I dyed in
Catherine Jordan's class a few years ago for the border and it looks
very nice if I do say so meself :-). I'll take photos when I get the
sweatshirt done and then do them at the same time.
I'm about to go start in again on my final seasonal bell pull. It's
the Spring design -- one of four from Calico Crossroad. This is the
stuff that Janet (my stitchin' buddy) gave me the banding and hardware
for as my Christmas gift several years ago. They are all done in silks
and I changed a lot of the colors to go with my decor. They are really
pretty designs and I totally love the way they turn out.
Once that is done, I want to get back to the needlepoint cats that
my friend Valerie gave me the supplies for as my Christmas gift --
before Janet ever gave me the stuff! Anyone who goes through the Nordic
Needle catalogue has seen this piece. It's a silhouette of a tall
sitting cat in black. The background is sectioned off using straight
black lines and the sections are stitched in Needle Necessities fibers.
I've got the black lines done and that's it but that's the hard part
-- have to be careful about counting. Now it's just a matter of filling
in the empty areas of color -- no counting at all!
That's it. Lots of sewing lately -- fixing stuff and doing things
long promised for family & friends. Have to make the window treatments
for my DSis' GS, prep the kimono silks for DD's jacket and decide on the
fabric for my winter quilt that I will take to Lizard Land when I go
next month. Lots of stuff to do and here I sit on my dead, lazy Irish
tuchas -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!