Old September 9th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bogmyrtle

Default London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

"Sparky" wrote in message
ups.com...
"You'd be lucky ..... nobody knits in London anymore ...if you're in to

cardmaking you might have a chance but not a lot else ... "

Wow, not my experience at all, at all. Try John Lewis for fabric and
there are various little wool shops dotted around. One very good one
in Crystal Palace. . . .can't remember the name of it.

If you find a wool shop that can afford the rent in Belgravia please let
me know .There is no such thing I'm sad to say ... Take the train to Elstree
( the Hollywood of UK ) and by the Church on the mainstreet you will indeed
find a very good woolshop that sells anything from Rowan and Jaeger yarn to
acrylic cheap cheap stuff . Anything for embroidery and cardmaking
...beading ..lace ...ribbons by the mile
Just like an oldfashioned haberdashery shop ...