Old June 7th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default where are my helpers??

Thanks Javahut...
okay...scrap the Hex then...i can't deal with the weight.

what's an analog? and is it a lot lighter? will an 80 watt analog be
sufficient? i'm using the 63/37 solder...and it's very nice...i'm
pleasantly
surprised!!

please explain to me again what you mean with these directions for
'coating the tip'...

what do you mean when you say 'stay below the heater'???

and what exactly am i supposed to 'roll in my hand'?? OUCH that's
hot!!!

i used the iron for less than 3 hours today and already the tip is
crapola...

at this rate, i'll be filing it down every time i use it and so in less
than a month,
i'll need a new one.

i'm on a quest for a sal ammoniac block here...this is something that
should
be easily available...my electronics guy in town should have one,
right?
oh wait, this IS turkey...heaven knows where this search will take me!!

please clarify your instructions...and thanks again.

Ar.

If you don't like the weight of that Iron, you won't like the Hexacon any
more, they are the same weight, or similar at least. And as to expense,
they are now an import item to the country you are in, so there are
additional duties.

What are you using for flux? If you heat your iron, thoroughly coat it with
flux, (yup if its liquid flux, dunk that sucker, stay below the heater,)
while it is HOT, then touch the solder to it liberally and roll it in your
hand, and wipe on a wet sponge as you are working with it. Should coat the
copper with solder. Do not dunk again, only wipe on water wet sponge to
clean. You have no protection against oxidation with that tip.