Old February 5th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

Default OFF TOPIC - the ladybug "lost" her mittens

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 2/5/07 10:45 AM, in article
, "Lucille"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Last night, when I dropped all the wet snow gear in the dryer, I didn't
notice there were no mittens. This morning, at bus time, I just found
another pair.
After the bus, I noticed this pile of gray/black next to the door. Ah
the
lost mittens. FROZEN IN PLACE. Since the kettle was still hot, I poured
it
over the mittens to find a second pair, even more frozen under them. It
two
more kettlefuls to get them melted enough to pry off the deck......

Wasn't that fun ??? Reading this kind of tale of woe is what reminds me
why I live in FL and not up North where I had to deal with those
annoyances.

Lucille

I'm wondering how if the cold water in the washer was warm enough to melt
the ice in the mittens....

It probably was. I often put an ice cube or two in Puff's water bowl in the
morning and they melt fairly quickly.