Old November 11th 04, 11:00 PM
france martin

Default Vintage Empisal EF-68 Knitting Machine/circa 1965! I Need Help to Cast On!!!

Hi...I recently acquired an Empisal EF-68 Knitting Machine but it has
no manual. As far as I have learned, this model dates back to 1965.
This is a table top unit with 160 needles and either a tension
selector or needle selector numbered 0-10(can't quite figure out).
Also has some funny L-shaped prongs that come forward in a V-shape
pattern as you move the carriage across needles. Has a fabric hem for
casting on but no mast or thread path--Could someone help me learn to
cast on--also, is the dial on this for selecting stitch patterns or
for stitch size. And if it is for selecting stitch patterns, how do I
go about utilizing it. If anyone has had any experience using this old
machine, I would welcome the help. It is mint in the box and ready to
knit...just have to figure out how!!!!! Many thanks in advance for any
input...Sincerely, France Martin