Old October 30th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Default More on centerpull balls

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mystified One" wrote in message

I love their sense of timing. I was resting on a Saturday morning when my
son came in and crawled into bed with me. We were both sleeping when the
oldest hollars out MOMAUTUMNTHREWUPALLOVERTHEHIGHCHAIRINTHEKITCHEN which
is the magic phrase to get me up out of bed and moving like a mad woman.
I threw on some clothes real quick, put Autumn in the tub and cleaned her
off, had my oldest hold onto her (clean) while I tackled the mess in the
kitchen. The youngest was crying, oldest whining that she wanted me and
not her, and my son was right next to me in the kitchen asking "what can I
do to help now, Mom?"

I took the high chair outside to be hosed off (it was THAT bad), and was
inside cleaning up the walls, floor, etc. with my son right beside me
helping and doing a great job until he slipped on the wet floor and cut
his leg on the tile. Then HE was crying and needed patching up, the baby
was still crying, oldest was losing patience. I bandaged him up and went
outside to hose off the high chair. THAT was when the JW showed up. She
wanted to talk about God, but God and I were a little busy at the moment
and not in the mood to talk. I got a letter in the mail later. I don't
remember the exact wording, but roughly it went something like this:

Dear Heathen,

Since you were incapable of listening to us when we came to your door, we
feel we have no choice but to pray for your damned and mortal soul.
Should you ever choose to make things right with God, we will welcome you
at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's TERRIBLE! They'd have had a very large piece of my mind on stiff
paper if they'd done that to me.

I ended up on a black list too. We were still moving into our home in
Texarkana when they decided to call, and they asked how we were doing. My
husband said just fine, and added a comment about all the empty boxes we
needed to get rid of. I chimed in about the best boxes for moving were
liquor boxes, and then it occurred to me: Liquor gets packaged much more
carefully than live organs. When I made that comment, they saw an
immediate need to leave and we haven't been visited since either.

I've found a way to get crossed off their list. Tell them you've been
disfellowshipped. Sorta like being excommunicated.....

sue