Old February 24th 12, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

Default A Finish and a start and an ARRRGHHHH!

On Feb 16, 2:50*pm, NDJoan wrote:
The finish:
On Feb. 4 I finally, Finally, *FINALLY* have finished stitching the
infamous Nativity set!!!! *(Well, with one caveat: *there are supposed
to be tassels on the camels' bridles but I won't make those until
after I have the interfacing on, since it would be quite difficult to
iron the camels with those attached.) *I have washed and ironed the
pieces and they're now waiting for the iron-on interfacing and sewing
together, stuffing, etc.

The start:
Next I was going to work on Florentine dreams (http://www.nordicneedle.com/prod/1038D.html
), which I got from DSIL for Christmas but found that the canvas I had
was a bit short. *I will deal with that later.

So, instead of FD, I dug out a pattern and supplies I bought at NN a
year or so ago. *http://cindyvalentine.com/box_inserts/mysweetheart.htm
I finished all the kloster blocks, narrow border, the tulips (which a
coworker in the SCA told me are really Nordic ships) and the satin-
stitched hearts. *I started on the Smyrna stitches inside the hearts
and got around 2 sides.

Got to the 3rd side and realized I had stitched 3 of the 4 sides of
hearts one thread in too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ARGH:
I pulled out the Smyrna stitches and I'm currently in the process of
removing the hearts when it dawns on me: *I HAD the Smyrna stitches in
the correct spot and wouldn't have had to remove those!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Joan

Been there, done that, Joan!! :-))))

P.S. I think I found a free chart on the internet for a flourishy
type alphabet that will work with the picture of the horse's ears.
Now all I have to do is to actually chart the horse's ears using the
photos people have sent me. All that and the stitching too before

Liz from Humbug