Old July 12th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Default Wall hanging is done!!

Polly, the secret is the entire design is programmed. After putting
the designs on the USB stick and the USB stick into my Viking D1, I
slide a bit of fabric ontop of the hooped fabric, making sure it
covers an outline the machine has already stitched out, and then the
machine tacks it down. I remove the hoop, trim all areound it, put it
back on and then the machine does the rest including the beautiful
satin stitches. Its a beautiful thing and a whole lot of fun to do.
It's called 'applique in the hoop.' I used Mettler machine embroidery
thread, which has a lovely sheen.

-Irene

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:28:44 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Oh my, how pretty, pretty, pretty. Exquisite color choices and incredible
satin-stitching. Any tricks to that you'd like to share? Polly