Old July 12th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default Wall hanging is done!!

Oh my, how pretty, pretty, pretty. Exquisite color choices and incredible
satin-stitching. Any tricks to that you'd like to share? Polly

"IMS" wrote in message
I finally finished a large 'appliqué in the hoop' quilt today. It's
going to go in my office at work; I'm really pleased with how it came
out. If you'd like to take a look it is he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...66907372Noticj

I posted a few days ago about useing the binding method Sharon
Schamber outlines on her website using Elmer's school glue instead of
pins to keep everything in check and I have to say, this is the best
binding I've ever done. It's flat and smooth. I've never done mitered
corners before because I was too scared to try it but using her method
they are perfect. With my arthritic fingers, this method is a godsend.
Pins are so painful to deal with sometimes.

Anyway, this is hopefully the first in a series of seasonal applique
quits for
my office, one each for summer, fall, winter and spring. (I know, big
dreams!)

-Irene in cloudy CNY