Old July 8th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default OT Price of gasoline

I had a motorcycle. I remember the gas wars of the 70's. I would get
change back from my quarter when I filled up!! It was almost embarassing.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
i can recall filling up my Karman Ghia (sporty VW) for $2.50 back in the
early 70's.
gas then in east bay, california was only $.25 a gallon. tank held only 10
gallons.
i could run for two weeks on that, going to and from work , running
weekend errands and a couple of nights out in that time. now i can walk
farther than $.25 cents worth of gas would take me.
our petrol just passed NZ$2.20 a litre for 91 octane or NZ$8.15 a US
gallon. that'll take me about 11 km aka a wee bit more than 6 miles in my
wee van. as a result i know dont go out at all, unless dh's van runs has
some mechanical issue and his van stops and needs the mechanic in the
garage to fix it or it wont run for whatever reason, then i take my wee
van to him to finish his deliverys and i wait for the tow truck.
those were the days my friends.
j.

"Kate T." wrote...
I'm sitting here reading your posts and listening to Old Time Radio
shows. The one I am listening to is Johnny Dollar. It was
transmitted on July 8, 1962.

Johnny has rented a car and needs to fill the gas tank. He spends
$4.10 for a fill up. Can you believe it. What's that today, maybe a
gallon.

Kate T. South Mississippi