Old June 13th 13, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

Default Brief intro and searching for The Bird Perch X-stitch pattern

Hi Danny,

I have a pattern that came as a kit that says: "Lanarte life style
collection" but doesn't seem to have a name. the design is by
Marjolein Bastin and there are 14 birds on a feeding tray. I have
this completed but don't have framed yet. its 27 1/4" X 7". The
number on it is: 34287.

I just posted a picture of it to the Yahoo group RCTNP, album is
Rich's Stitches.

Rich

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:07:54 -0700 (PDT), Danny Breidenbach
wrote:

Hi all,

I used to frequent the rec.arts.textiles.needlework USENET group in the bad old days of the late 90s. Learned a lot. Improved my skills a lot. Lived in Northern Virginia at the time. Now I'm in Kansas. I'm one of those relatively rare male stitchers. I'm not too proud to stitch on an airplane, though. Flight attendants and some passengers (always female) remark on my word. Other guys avert their eyes. Bully for them.

My wife is pining for me to find and stitch "The Bird Perch," which is a painting by Hector Giacomelli.
1. Has anyone come across such a pattern?
2. Any suggestions of how/where to search? I'm not getting far with straight-up Google.
3. Are the programs that turn photos into patterns any good? Because that could be a last-ditch "solution": get a print, and turn it into a pattern.

We both would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
--Danny