Old January 27th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Felting(fulling) in a front-loading washer?

I've been fulling recycled sweaters in the front loader for several
months. Some things felt easily, some things are more resistant. If
you are working with materials you KNOW will full easily, you will
probably have no problem. I did use 2 pairs of jeans per load, and
sometimes a tennis ball.

OTOH, I mistakenly thought my Enid sweater was superwash, and put it
in the already-gentle front loader on the cold, delicate cycle, and
that thing shrank small enough to fit a 3 year old. Oh, well. I
never was really happy with it in the first place.

Hesira

On Jan 27, 7:24*am, "Gerald & Donna McIntosh"
wrote:
Can it be done? *I just got new front-loading washer and dryer (DH was
feeling generous
after Christmas bonus or just tired of me saying that the old washer got
stuck on spin again
for the 1000th time!) *And I love this machine - it's got so many settings,
I actually read
the instruction book!

Donna In S. Indiana (who's doing taxes when she really wants to knit!)