Old January 27th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

Default Felting(fulling) in a front-loading washer?

"Gerald & Donna McIntosh" wrote in
:

Can it be done? I just got new front-loading washer and
dryer

it can, depending on a few things. can you stop your front
loader & open the door during the cycle? if not, you won't
have much control over the felting when it occurs.
it takes longer in a front loader & wastes more water. you'll
need clean tennis balls, or those spiky dryer balls if you can
find some to add agitation.
i've been considering a high efficiency front loader because
they're easier on the clothes, but i would keep my top loader
for felting & washing the filthy rag rugs & goat/llama
blankets (tip: don't wash halters in the washer if you mind it
getting scratched up g).
lee