Old November 21st 03, 05:48 AM
Irwin

I have been mixing Premo and Sculpey III for a few years. I make a lot
of vessels and because they are done in several steps, I found that
Premo alone was too flexible during their construction.. Mixing in
Sculpey III gave the clay more rigidity while retaining most of
Premo's durability.

Most of my mixtures ar 50/50 but I am moving to a higher percentage of
Premo; the Sculpey III makes the raw clay too soft - canes distort
while slicing and clay is more impressionable to fingerprints and the
like.
I have some sheets and canes made from a 2/3 Premo - 1/3 Sculpey III,
and they seem to be easier to work with than the 50-50 mixtures.

BTW, I worked out formulations of Sculpey III combinations to match
several of the Premo colors. Email me if you're interested.

--- Irwin