Old May 9th 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Old dog, new trick

Nel, Nel. Whatever are we going to do with you? Go get the step stool,
reach up to the top shelf in the kitchen and get down one of those 'gift'
coffee mugs that you don't know why in the world you're keeping. Set it
somewhere in your sewing room. Put all of those neat things that you SHOULD
be using for turning in the mug.
I am blessed (?) with 8 mugs and they keep my good tools neatly sorted.
One for markers, one for turners, one for brushes - even have a mug of puppy
biscuits and another with Tootsie Pops. You can't throw the mugs away;
might as well put them to some good use. Polly

"Sartorresartus"
Thanks, that makes sense. I usually use the pinking shears method of
snipping wedges ('cos I is too lazy to snip each one individually).
But I never thought of doing one snip then going back to do the
other. (Headslap!) Makes all the sense in the world when it's
pointed out!

And I am always poking something sharp through the seams. I swear
I'll do it properly, then, when it comes to it, I can't find a
suitable pokative (I have dozens of special gizmos for doing this
'easily'; I swear they hold a party) so I end up using scissors or a
knitting needle. And then... too late! Poo!

I look at commercial coasters, collars and things, and wonder how they
do it. What's more they must do it quickly and right-first-time. I
would be lousy in a sweat shop.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)