Old May 7th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default New toy???

I just searched Harbor Freight's website using every combination of words I
could think of trying find the 45 mm rotary cutter-like blades. No luck.
Maybe someone else- who is not a blonde- can find them on the website? VBG

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- blaming Taria (and her link) for the urge to
adopt/rescue another dog! ;-)

"Louise in Iowa" wrote in message

I haven't seen that particular "toy," but at the last quilt show I went
to, there was a man who brought his equipment and sharpened blades while
you roamed through the show. A friend had seven sharpened at a cost of
$2.50 a blade (I think). She's happy with them, but she doesn't think
they last quite as long as a new, out-of-the-package blade.

I have heard of people who buy blades from Harbor Freight at a
ridiculously low price. I think the blades are sold as carpet cutting
blades, but they fit in our rotary cutters. I haven't heard any
follow-up on the purchases, so I figure they must work okay. You know
we'd hear about them if they didn't!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 5/7/2011 7:17 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Good morning, Kate. Just wondering . . . are you the first quilter awake
or the last one to go to bed?
The sharpener sounds interesting but I am a coward. I am just barely
willing to change my rotary blade; will get somebody else to do it for
me if there happens to be adult supervision around.
Happy day to you - isn't our weather beautiful? Polly

"Kate T." wrote in message
Well its new to me. Have any of you had a chance to use the True
Sharp Power Rotary Blade Sharpener from the Grace Frame Company. Saw
the ad in a new quilt mag. Looked it up on their website and its
kinda pricey. I'd pay the price if it actually worked. Anyone see
this thing in action at a quilt show or LQS. If it actually works it
would save a bundle on blades.

Kate T. South Mississippi d blades

seven sh