Old July 7th 05, 01:48 PM
Javahut

wrote in message
Greetings all,

I would like to make my own rubber stoppers I have created a mold using

plaster of paris,
I have tried epoxy and fiberglass resin but these end up being to hard

does anyone know
what I can use to make softer rubber stoppers.

Well, if you want to make rubber stoppers, why would you ask in a glass
group?

But since you have asked, and we already know that epoxy won't make a rubber
stopper, and neither will polyester resin. Odd, I don't remember either of
those being rubber to start with... why would... oh well.

To make your own stoppers, rubber stoppers, you start with ...rubber! The
easiest for the layman to get his/her hands on is RTV or Silicone rubber.
Varying degrees of hardness will result from these synthetic rubbers, and
there are varying hardness within each category. I would suggest RTV.

DO a google and look at Dow Corning series of RTV rubbers, they are readily
available worldwide, variety of hardness level, and easy to work with 2 part
mix. you mix what you need, save the rest. Make your mold out of plaster
of Paris.