Old December 15th 03, 03:52 AM
Carl West

Fishbre396 wrote:

I don't like optivisor type aids at all. I use very strong reading glasses-
prescription- mid range upper lense, and close up lower lense.

I find that with the optivisor type aid, I can see fine, but by the end of the
day, I feel like I'm sea sick.

I wear an optivisor #5 on my head all 12-hour shift, it's up and down
constantly.

I find that I usually close my eyes when I'm flipping it up or down. eases the
transition.

I have a terrible time with it if I try to wear my glasses under it though
(near-sighted). I think it's because the lenses in the optivisor are closer
together than my glasses lenses and angled in (as they should be for close work)
and that makes a mis-alignment in the glasses/opyivisor lens system that just
hurts.

I opted for the extra flip-down monocle, and find it fairly useful, roughly
worth the hassle of having a 'hook' on the front of my head that catches on
worklights and such.

For _really_ close work, it's the 14x jeweler's eye-loupe.

One counter-monkey's perspective.

--

If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

change the 'DOT' to '.' to email me

If I had six hours to chop down a tree,
I'd spend the first four sharpening the axe.
- Abraham Lincoln