Old November 26th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Scissors

On Nov 26, 8:04 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/25/07 1:34 PM, in article
,

" wrote:
I need some help from the experts! I have a Hardanger pattern to try
for a ring pillow (I'm giving myself lots of time!) but I don't have
an appropriate pair of scissors to do the cutting. I've been looking,
but I have no idea what to look for. Is there a particular brand that
I should look for, and what would be a reasonabe price to pay? I've
seen "embroidery scissors" priced anywhere from six to eighty dollars,
but the scissors themselves don't seem to be that different to me. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

Louisa

You're going to laugh - my favorite scissors for Hardanger- a pair used to
snip stitches from when I cut my finger years ago. They were "extra fine" as
the stitches were tiny and used a lighter weight thread (to help me not scar
badly)...

Cheryl

It's amazing what tools we discover in unexpected places! This wasn't
your recent injury, was it?

Louisa