Old November 25th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Default Scissors

wrote:
I need some help from the experts! I have a Hardanger pattern to try
for a ring pillow (I'm giving myself lots of time!) but I don't have
an appropriate pair of scissors to do the cutting. I've been looking,
but I have no idea what to look for. Is there a particular brand that
I should look for, and what would be a reasonabe price to pay? I've
seen "embroidery scissors" priced anywhere from six to eighty dollars,
but the scissors themselves don't seem to be that different to me. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

Several years ago I was told to go to a surgical supply house and buy
"iris scissors." Got a pair for $7 and they work great -- though come to
think of it, I haven't seen them in awhile! I'll have to find them...

Google brought up this photo:
http://www.medicalsupplies4all.com/v...ages.html#here

4-1/2" long, and straight

sue