Old April 29th 04, 11:26 PM
HonkHonk

haha at the risk of causing disruption which I really never
intended... sigh ... let's put it this way, I lurk here, read
everything about clay, visit sites, auctions, etc., I've read the six
or seven books at the library on polyclay, done google searches to
find even more, etc., studied the tutorials, come back to them every
so often, study the pictures, tried to gain as much idea about what is
required to do a few relatively simple projects because to be frank
with you I haven't found the money to buy a cheap toaster oven! I
have bought a couple bars of clay just to work it, try rolling it out,
see what surface I could use without buying something, sniff sniff,
haha two things, 1) I've become interested in polyclay, in part,
because it is fairly cheap to start, i.e., don't have a lot of money
to devote to something I don't know if I'll like OR be any good at.
So I do as much homework as possible upfront. 2) this is why I came
off, prolly, as blunt in my original post, I don't like talking,
explaining, etc., it's not me, and I gotta be mmmmeeee~

so anyway I've been to all your websites, I understand several of you
make your money off polyclay, and ALL of you have devoted tremendous
time and effort in developing your techniques, skills, patience, and
creativity. As far as making money on what you do, believe me, I
applaud it, I'd be there with you if I had your talent.... BUT BUT ...

haha the lady JUST asked how to keep the cane slice from distorting
before applying to an egg! It's not like asking for the secret and
power of the universe. Tell her ... and this is a wild guess ... put
the cane in the frig, let it cool to gain firmness, slice and apply.
It prolly won't go perfectly but should be better than so far, and
with practice ...

thanks simply_annie for the links. Two I've been to over and over
again, and it's prolly time for another visit. The delphi one is new
to me, looks good, lots of msgs.

and really thanks everyone, I've been to your sites an enjoyed them
greatly. If I've stepped on anyones toes, tough noogies! If I ever
post again it'll prolly be short, not well or tactfully phrased, blah
blah ... be warned if it offends again, tough noogies.

after all this verbiage and ass-kissin, flame me, I want you to, I
feel my noogies are getting soft.

On 20 Apr 2004 21:45:11 -0700, (Wanda) wrote:

Does anyone know how to make the cane covered eggs? I am not clear on
how to put the cane slices on the egg. I worked with the slices on
some small clay beads that I figured I would use for earrings but they
turned out so distorted. I have no idea how to get them on the
surface of the item and get them flattened enough with out distorting
them. Is there a trick to this?