Old April 29th 04, 09:05 PM
Katherine Dewey

Aw geeze...a flame war almost got started and I missed. Shucks!
That's what I get for not logging in often enough -- missed a retort from
one of the best. Good words, Sherry.

I get emails every day from folks wantin' to know how I do this or that;
that's why I print (and sell) out the workbooks from this class or that or
write the big books that never cover everything because they, too, are
limited. The thing is time spent developing a process or expanding a
technique is hard time. There's a lot of frustration exploring the
possibilties, a lot of dead ends, but there's joy, too. When things work
out, oh, when things go right, that's pure joy.
So, if some of us say "it's in my book," we're not saying there's a price.
We've already paid the price in frustration and wasted clay. We're saying
"here's how it's done." The price of the book, or the class, or the tape --
that's a pittance for 30 years of work. In the end all it covers is the
printing.

Hadda say something,
Katherine Dewey

When I win the lottery, I'll give it all away