Old February 28th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Wonder Under vs. Heat & Bond vs. ???

I have absolutely no luck at all with H&B (I have the Lite version). Never
have. I either over or under cook it every time. And I always end up with
those little glue beads showing through to the top. And it does gum up the
needle. I fought with it yesterday with my postcard backs and was
immediately reminded why I hate it so. I think I've finally used the last
of it up. I haven't used Wonder Under in a while, so don't remember much
about it. My current favorite is Steam a Seam Lite. Not Steam a Seam II.
The original SaS only has paper on one side. I never manage to draw on the
correct paper side with the SaSII. In general, SaS Lite isn't too fussy
about temperature, it sticks well, leaves a smooth layer or glue (not little
beads) and the paper comes off easily enough. I'm not sure how available
it is locally, though, or even if they still make the original version. I
ordered a bunch on line at some point and have been using that.

--
Donna973
There is no MAYBE in my reply address

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
ups.com...
Let's start a debate! I always used H&B cuz WU has a nasty habit of
detaching off the paper and making me crazy- H&B stays nicely attached
to it's paper. WU is less tempermental with the iron's temperature-
H&B will refuse to cooperate without the perfect temperature. WU is