Old December 10th 09, 09:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Fingerless mitts

I think I did what you mean Mirjam, and used the Knit-on cast on as
shown hehttp://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/cast-on

It looks much better than either the backwards loop cast on or cable
cast on. *No hole at all!

Thanks for the suggestions...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Hallo Linda i looked atn the video , and it isn`t like i do it , i
really KNIT every new stich,,,, by this i gain a sort of nice start /
edge if you can find a book called
The Illustrated Dictionary of Knitting, by Rae, Compton, Interweave
Press, 1988, page 53 picture 86 , she calls it
The Two needle Chain edge method
try to google it maybe you will find it on line as well .
I do recommend having this book in you house !!!!!
mirjam