Old July 6th 03, 12:26 PM
Mike Hardie

Default Using THREAD?

Can you knit with thread in the knitting machine? I need to create a
sheer lace material and was dreaming that maybe it would be possible
to do it on my ordinary Brother punchcard non-electronic machine with
some thread. Has anyone ever tried this and does it work? Does it
take several strands of thread or heavier weight thread to make it
work? Can I throw in a mylar or fancier thread for interest or does
that not work well? I am really hoping this will work and can't wait
to hear from you. My husband is banking that it won't, so he said I
had to ask before I try.
Thanks, Joy