Old December 29th 04, 08:27 PM
Dr. Sooz

You're right, Cheri. I think this disaster has only gotten started.
The followup is going to be horrendous and massive -- disease and
economic collapse.
~ Sooz

~~~As far as this being the Greatest Disaster the World has ever seen,
that
remains to be seen. As it was pointed out, the monsoon season is about
start. So many people without homes, what will happen to them in the
monsoons? There's no way to get 50,000+ people buried in time. The
water supply will be contaminated. There will be cholera, typhoid and
who knows what else. People will die of dehydration, starvation and
exposure to the elements. I don't know if this will rival the Black
Plague, but I wouldn't be surprised to see
hundreds of thousands dead before it's all over. It's a huge disaster,
certainly the Greatest Disaster of the past 200 or more years.~~~