Old December 29th 04, 02:43 PM
Marisa Cappetta

I have a personal attachment and simply can't intellectualise the pros and
cons of giving aid. We sponsor a child in Bangladesh. He sent us a letter,
mailed before the tsunami, which I received today. In it he sent a special
message of love to my DS, they are about the same age. He wants to be a
teacher and he draws beautifully, we have one which we treasure. His village
has just had a water filter installed. He tells us they no longer have
arsenic in their drinking water. For me, giving is not just the right thing
to do, it's the essential thing. I feel happy to know that at least a few
children and their families have water that is not poisoned. I just hope
they escaped the disaster.

I hope aid comes in time to help as many families as possible.
--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

I will give money in the weeks and months to come, when the depth of
assistance needed has been determined, and the people responsible for
helping have been identified. I won't kid myself that I've saved
millions, or even one life. I will give because it is the right
thing to do, and perhaps I can alleviate the suffering of a person in
an unintentionally amusing place named Phucket. Maybe even a person
who has just experienced The Greatest Disaster the World Has Ever
Known.

Kathy N-V